OFFICIAL TOUR ORGANIZER
DEKON CONGRESS & TOURISM
Yildizposta Cad. No: 17 / 4 Esentepe, 34394 Istanbul - Turkey
+90 212 347 63 00
+90 212 347 63 63
TOURS & EXCURSIONS
1-) Fullday Side Perge Aspendos with lunch
Departure after breakfast for a full day trip to explore the ancient ruins of Perge, Side and Aspendos. Perge- the best example of a complete Roman city on the southern coast. Its stadium could accommodate fifteen thousand spectators. After that continuation to Side famous theater and the Side Museum with relics of these ancient civilizations.Lunch and Visit of Aspendos. The Roman Theater here is the best preserved in the world. You can still see the names of spectators carved into the backs of the seats. Return to the hotel.
2-) Half day Antalya tour
The tour includes Hadrianus Gate, Clock Tower, Palm Street, Old Town with Marina, Republican Square and finally Antalya Archaeological Museum. The Antalya Region, offering all the mysticism of past in our day, is now called the "Turkish Riviera" due to its archaeological and natural beauties. Antalya is the place where sea, sun, history and nature constitute a perfect harmony and which also includes the most beautiful and clearest coast along the Medditerranean. The city still preserves its importance as a centre throughout history in the south coast of the country, in addition to its wonderful natural beauties. The mythological city which housed the Gods and Goddesses now exhibits all its secrets and marvels to mankind.
City Walls: The memorial Hadrian Arch and The Clock Tower are remarkable and date back to Hellenistic era. The clock tower is located in the Kaleiçi (Inner Citadel) District where the old Antalya houses are.The tour will be ending with shopping facilities if required.
Kaleici: This is the nucleus of a city which embraced many civilizations during time. It is now restored and has became a most attractive touristic centre with its hotels, restaurants, shopping and entertainment facilities. Kalei,ci retains all the original ancient Turkish archaeological characteristics. The port's marina has been completely restored and is wellworth visiting. The restoration activities in Kaleici won the Golden Apple Prize, the Oscar of tourism.
Antalya Museum: A prize winning museum and one of the most notable archaeology museums, of the world. It is also the only museum in Turkey with a children's department exhibiting ancient monuments appealing to children.
Hadrianus Gate that is also called "The Three Gates" (Uckapilar in Turkish). This triumphal arch was built in the name of the Roman Empire Hadrianus, who visited Antalya in 130 A.C., it has three arched gates. According to the legend, those were the gates under which Belkis, the Queen of Saba, passed with her ships full of diamonds, on her way to visit Hz. Süleyman King Solomon in Antalya. Sultan Belkis is said to have passed under those gates and to have enjoyed many a happy day in the palace in Aspendos. The Clock Tower was built at the end of the l9th century. It has a square-plan and is made of rough and hewn stone.
Kesik Minaret (Broken Minaret): Once a Byzantine Panaglia church, later converted into a mosque.
Yivli Minaret: This fluted minaret of 13th century was built by the Seljuks. Decorated with dark blue and turquouise tiles, the minaret eventually became the symbol of the city.
Karatay Medresesi, Hidirilk Tower, Ahi Yusuf Mescidi, Iskele Mosque, Murat Pasa Mosque, Tekeli Mehmet Pasa Mosque, Balibey Mosque, Musellim Mosque, Seyh Sinan Efendi Mosque and Osman Efendi Mosque are other places to be visited.
3-) Full day Myra Demre Kekova With lunch
Early departure for a full-day tour visiting the Lycian Tombs at Myra, the Church of St. Nicholas ( Santa Claus), Simena, Boat ride to Kekova Island for pristine sites and underwater ruins. All pre-Greek people of Anatolia built beautiful monumental tombs associated with some form of ancestor worship. The Lycians developed this form of art to perfection, no doubt facilitated by the soft limestone of the region. The quality of stonemasonry of the Lycian people is noteworthy and is especially significant in the construction of tombs. Today the entire landscape of Lycia is still dotted with their fascinating funerary monuments. The most recent count has revealed one thousand and eighty-five examples still intact, divided among four types: monumental or heroon-type tombs (six known), pillar tombs (35), sarcophagi (60) and rock-cut house-type tombs (950). The Lycians were a sea-faring people and seem to have held a belief that the souls of their dead would be transported from the tombs to the afterworld by demon birds, and so often placed their tombs along the coast or at the top of cliffs.
Church of Santa Claus A larger church in the basilica style was built at the site of the first church after it was ruined by an earthquake in 529. Peschlow assumes that two small residences on the southern part of the large wall and some parts of the northern wall are remnants of the original building. That church also suffered extensive damage through either an earthquake or at the hands of Arabian raiders in the eighth century and was subsequently rebuilt, but then in 1034 was completely destroyed in the attacks of the Arabian navy. An inscription on the church tells us that the building remained in ruins for a decade before being restored in 1042 under the Byzantine Emperor Constantine IX Monomachus and his wife Zöe. In the twelfth century, the building was enlarged with some additions and rebuilt once again. You may wish to bring your bathing suit for swimming and snorkeling. Return to the hotel late afternoon.
4-) Full day Boat trip with lunch
Roman Aqueduct at Phaselis, Mediterranean TurkeyDeparture after breakfast for a full day yacht from Kemer to Phaselis and Three Islands. Phaselis located by pine woods and features an ancient city with Harbor Way, Marina, Roman Theater and Hadrianus Gate. Lunch is served on board (drinks excluded)
Ancient Phaselis is set on three small, perfect bays, now protected within the grounds of a beautiful national park. Two millennia ago in Roman times this was a thriving port town shipping rose oil and the perfumes made of it, as well as timber from the surrounding forests.Today the three bays and ruined aqueduct of golden limestone shaded by fragrant pines are all that is left of once-prosperous Phaselis. Other than that you can also book several more full day boat trips by taking a quick look around the internet and find some more vendors of boat trips for your vacation days.
5-) Half day Olympos
Visit of Olympos with its gates, bridge and theater from 2nd century AD . The early history of Olympus is shrouded in mystery. We know it was an important Lycian city by the 2nd century B.C., and that the Olympians worshipped Hephaestos (Vulcan), the god of fire. No doubt this veneration sprang from reverence for the mysterious Chimeira, an eternal flame which still springs from the earth not far from the city. The town declined in the 1st century B.C. until the arrival of the Romans in the 2nd century A.D. In the 3rd century pirate attacks brought impoverishment. In the Middle Ages, Venetians, Genoese and Rhodians built fortresses along the coast, but, by the 15th century Olympus had been abandoned. Shopping possibilities at the end of the tour . Return to the hotel
E?irdir, a district of Isparta Province, is rich in historical and natural assets. The district is well known for E?irdir Lake which changes its colour at all hours of the day and Can Island of which deed was submitted to Mustafa Kemal ATATÜRK, the founder of the Turkish Republic by E?irdir people. Turkish Armed Forces' Mountain Commando School and the most important Bone Diseases Hospital in Turkey are in the district. E?irdir is also known for S??la Forests, Kasnak Oak which is rarely seen in the world and its endemic Apollon Butterfly.
It is supposed that E?irdir city was founded by the last leader of Lydia, Kroisos (560-547 BC.), and its first name was "Krozos". Internal castle of the city was constructed by the Lydians. It was named as Prostanna during Romans period. It is thought that the first Turkish settlement to the region was occurred a few years after 1071. Anatolia Seljuk Ruler, K?l?çaslan III conquered E?irdir together with the surrounding cities in 1204. The Seljuks named the city as Cennetabad due to its natural beauties, and used it as a resort place. E?irdir and its surroundings became under the rule of the Ottomans in 1391. Later on, the region experienced the sovereignty of Mongol Empire and Karamano?ullar? Principality, and was added to the territory of Ottoman State during the reign of Sultan Murad II in 1423. After Tanzimat Period (between 1839-1876 in Ottoman history), the region became a subdivision of Konya Province. After the foundation of Republic in Turkey, E?irdir has maintained its district status.
There is an internal and external castle on the peninsula reaching through the lake in E?irdir. The Internal Castle is still standing whereas only the base of the External Castle reaches to the present day. The Internal Castle divides the peninsula to north-south direction. It had been repaired for several times during the Roman and Byzantium periods. It recently had been repaired during the Hamito?ullar? Period and demolished again by the invasion of E?irdir by Timur, the Mongol Emperor.
The Caravanserai is on the Konya-Antalya road. It is composed of two sections namely as Courtyard and Enclosed Space. It was built in 1237. Today, there are base traces of a few voyager rooms in the courtyard.
E?irdir Lake, the 4th biggest lake in Turkey with a surface area of 517 sq. km., has an altitude of 1000 meter above sea level. It is in the middle of the district centre among Sultan Mountains. The small part of the lake which is in the north is called as Hoyran Lake and the other part in the south is called as E?irdir Lake. Both lakes are connected to each other via Hoyran Pass.Like an extension of peninsula, on which E?irdir is located, there are two small islands, namely Can Island and Green Island (Nis). Due to the recent diminish of water these islands are connected to E?irdir.
The Island with an area of 9 hectares is still authentic with its rock based wooden houses, narrow streets and small fisherman shelter. Green Island, formerly known as Nis, is 1,5 km far from E?irdir. It attracts the attention of the visitors with its boarding-houses and fish restaurants. On the island, there is the Ayastefanos Church which is assumed to be holy by Christians
With a surface area of 7000 sq. metre, it is a pretty island between E?irdir and Green Island. It only serves as a picnic area. In 1933, the island was given as a gift to Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the founder of Turkish Republic.
Prostanna Antique City
It is one of the cities of Pisidia. There are remains of some buildings' bases and city walls in the ancient city. The Acropolis of this city was built with an altitude of 2000 m. There is a rectangular shaped temple within the ramparts.
Being the biggest mosque of all within E?ridir, it was built by H?z?r Bey (1327-1328). After having been burned in a fire in 1814, the mosque was rebuilt under the leadership of Y?lanl?o?lu ?heikh Ali Aga. It was opened for worship again in1820. It is important for its large size, historical value and pulpit. Moreover, it is claimed as unique in the world with its minaret on the arch.
It was built in 1413. Its minaret was built in 1777. Later on, it was repaired and covered with tiles.
In 1806, the mosque was built with a stone minaret by Y?lanl?o?lu near the tomb of Sheikh-ul Islam El Berdai.
The mosque is in the Green Island. At first it was built as a church, but opened for worship as a mosque by the order of Osman II in 1618. Its former name was K?z Kilisesi (Girl Church).
Baba Sultan Tomb
As it is understood from the inscription on the door, it was built for a person named ?sa Bin in 1358 during Hamido?lu ?lyas Bey period. There are also tombs of two persons named Sureti Baba (Zorti Baba) and Palor Baba.The tomb is open for visitors.
Sinan Pa?a Mosque
As it is recorded in the inscription on the door that it was built in 1376. It is understood that the mosque was built 6 years before Isparta and its environs came under the control of Ottomans.
Dündar Bey Madrasa (Theology School)
It was built as an inn in 1237 during the reign of Seljuk Sultan G?yaseddin Keyhüsrev II, and was turned into a madrasa in 1301 by Hamido?lu Dündar Bey. Two-storeyed Madrasa has a courtyard in the middle and 30 rooms. At the entrance of the madrasa, there is a big stone door. The outer edges of the door were embellished with the Seljuk Period geometrical shapes.
It was built in 19th century. The Restoration work, commenced by E?irdir Municipality in 1993, still has been carried out. It is known that formerly the Greeks of Turkish Nationality were visiting the church and performing religious rituals in the church while they were going to Jerusalem as Christian Pilgrim nominees.
Aya Georgios Church
It is on the slope of the hill in E?irdir. Some parts of the church walls are still standing.
E?irdir's protected areas are Kovada Lake National Park and Kasnak Oak Nature Conservation Area.
Kovada Lake National Park
Kasnak Mesesi Forest Nature Reserve
Beach under E?irdir train station has fine sands, and it is the most appropriate place for swimming in the lake. It is a safe beach with its shallowness without exceeding human height even at 200 meters away from the shore. There are changing cubicles, showers, cafes, buffets, telephones and health cabinets. The beach won the award of Blue Flag in 1988. It has a capacity of 50 tents. Also there are bungalows for rent.
With a 1500 meter coastal line, Bedre Bay is a beautiful swimming and recreation place on E?irdir-Barla road. It is at a distance of 11 km from the city centre. There are changing cubicles, cafes and camping areas.
E?irdir Lake offers opportunities for several water sports such as water ski, scuba diving and sail. In addition, fishing is possible in the lake. On the mountains surrounding E?irdir, trekking, mountaineering and paragliding can be practised. For these sports activities, one should apply to the Culture and Tourism Information Office.
Being the center of Faith Tourism, Yalvaç reflects the cultural wealth of Anatolia with its whole beauty. Founded by the Alexander the Great's General Seleukos, Yalvaç hosts to the very first and the biggest town of Pisidia; Antiocheia.
Yalvaç, the ancient city of Antiocheia, is an important place for Anatolian Faith Tourism and consequently on the world map.The ancient city, Antiocheia, played an important role in the birth of Christianity and its spread throughout Anatolia and the world.
Starting in the 2nd millenium BC, Anatolia witnessed the rise of Assyrian, Hittite, Lydian and Persian civilizations and from the time of the conquests of Alexander the Great up until the present day, this land has seen a number of new civilizations arise. The city of Antiochia was founded by one of Alexander the Great's generals, Seleucus I or his son Antiochos in the south of the Sultan Mountains at the site of a Psidian city. Put under the administration of the Celtic king, Amyntas, between 39-36 BC, it was later made a part of the province of Galatia. During the Roman period its name was changed to Colonia Caesarea.
From the end of the 3rd century AD, Antiocheia became the head of the province of Psidia. Coins recovered from the excavations conducted here reflect the wealth and productivity of this period. The coins are usually adorned by the Moon god, Men.
The city's golden era comes to an end with the beginning of the Arab invasions in 713 AD. During the second half of the 13th century, most of the residents leave this splendid historical city. Because the first Turkish tribe to settle in this area during the Selçuk Period was the O?uz tribe called Yalvaç, the name of this ancient city has been called Yalvaç ever since.
With the disinegration of the ruling Selçuk Empire, which had taken over much of Anatolia, in the 1300's, a number of smaller kingdoms were established and Yalvaç came under the control of the Hamito?lu dynasty, which gave great importance to Yalvaç and consequently there was quite a lot of development during this time. The Ottomans made Yalvaç a part of their own domain in the 1400's. The importance given to art by the Ottomans is reflected in the architectural structures which can be seen here. With the formation of the Republic, Yalvaç became a part of the province of Isparta.
With more than its share of history, the town of Yalvaç has a beautiful museum in which the artifacts recovered from excavations in the area are displayed.
The archeological and ethnographical items here date back to the pre-historic era. The museum is open 7 days a week between 08.00-16.30.
The Ancient City of Antioch
Antiocheia is was founded about 1 km north of Yalvaç in the province of Isparta on a fertile area lying along the southern slopes of the Sultan Mountains. It was the capital city of the Pisidia and a Seleucid colony like Apollonia. It was built between 281-261 BC by Seleucus's son Antiocheia and named "Antiocheia" in his honor.
In 25 BC with the selection of Pisidia as the site of Rome's first and biggest military colony, the city was rebuilt by emperor Augustus. Augustus brought 3000 soldiers from Rome and settled them here in Antiocheia. The city was given the name "Seven boroughs" and in Latin texts it is referred to as "Res Gestae." For this reason the ancient Roman city and Antiocheia are sister cities with an important place in history.
At this time, there were inscriptions in Antiocheia of two Lefro (V-VII). In the Roman era, the city had, according to inscriptions, a population of over 100,000 people. The official language was Latin but the population at large spoke Greek. In the early part of Emperor Period of Rome the city was rebuilt according to a ordered city plan and many buildings both religious and civil were constructed.
The Sections of the City
The main entrance to the city is via the Western Gate. Cardo Maximus, the main street has narrow but straight side streets leading into it. The city is made up of two main squares (Augustus and Tiberius). These are located in the eastern section or main part of the city.
The city walls of Antiocheia total around 3000 meters. Built in the Hellenistic era, these magnificent walls were expanded and repaired during the Roman and Byzantine periods. The Western Gate, which guards the entrance to the city, is decorated with reliefs of shields and weapons of war and symbolized the might of the city. The grand Temple of Augustus, which crowns the city's sacred high place, makes the presence of the sacred powers felt in an almost tangible way with its consummate architectural style. The propylon (Memorial Entrance 1st century AD) is situated at the nexus of the Square of Augustus and the Square of Tiberius. The Square of Tiberius (15-40 AD) is located to the east of the Street of Columns, one of the city's most important sections. In the gallery where the shops were located quite a lot of glass, pottery and bronze items have been recovered. The ancient theater was built on the slope of a hill quite close to the city center. The theater is composed of three main parts and unlike most theaters of the day, has a tunnel 56 meters long and 8 meters wide. Decorated with many fine reliefs, the theater's estimated capacity was 5000 people.
The Roman Baths (1st-2nd century AD) located in the northwestern corner of the city, was constructed in a style reminiscent of the prevailing architectural style. In the baths are the cool, warm and hot sections as well as dressing rooms, water jugs and storage areas.
The Stadium, which sits up on the foothills of the Sultan Mountains west of the acropolis, was built during the Hellenistic period. It is 190 meters long and 30 meters wide. This structure which once hosted sports activities such as wrestling and boxing, was destroyed by fanatics. At one time the scene of combat for gladiators and wild animals, the stadium is wrapped in the glory of old Rome.
The church of St. Paul, which is enormously important for tourists of the Christian faith, is the first and biggest church in Antiocheia. It is located 200 meters south of the Roman Baths. It is a basilica. Researchers at the site have discovered a smaller church constructed much earlier than the present one. The mosaics which adorn the floor and the column-lined wall are quite impressive. Underneath the smaller church the remains of a synagogue have been discovered. There are numerous graves and skeletal remains within the church. The name of Optimus, an Orthodox leader who was the bishop of Antiocheia between 375-381 AD, can be found among the inscriptions in the church.
In 46 AD, accompanied by Baranabas, St. Paul gave his first sermon in the synagogue discovered underneath the church. The church was the scene of many more sermons given by famous saints visiting the site.
The aqueducts which have come to symbolize the city, were built in the Roman era. Stretching all along the northern side of the city, the aqueduct brought water from a source 10 km away. These aqueducts, which brought the life-giving water to the city, stand erect today in obstinate defiance of the ravages of time and war.
The Sacred Site of Men
Men is the ancient moon God of Anatolia which was worshipped as far back as the 3rd millenium BC and who occasionally graced the coins minted in the area.One of the Men cult's most important centers, the ancient city of Antiocheia is adorned with many structures dedicated to the Men god. The Sacred site of Men is located 5 km from Yalvaç. The temple can be dated back to the 4th century BC. In addition to the temple, there are 2 churches,a stadium and residential dwellings.
Located 25 km from Yalvaç, this island in the middle of Lake Hoyran is an unique historical site awash with the mysticism of the past. Walls encircle the island. The location and architectural style of the Rock Tombs carved into the rocky slopes of the island never fail to attract the visitor's attention. Another historically important site on the island is the Monastery dedicated to Mary.
There are rock tombs of differing sizes carved into the rocky slopes rising out of Lake Hoyran. The most interesting tomb is the grave adorned with a pediment. It is possible to see Phrygian graves of a different sort here.
Devlethan Mosque, Yeni Mosque and Leblebiciler Mosque are some of the well-known famous mosques of the area.
One of the Yalvaç's rarest treasures is the Old Baths built in the Ottoman tradition. Located in the neighborhood of Ka?, the Old Baths have dressing rooms, cold and hot sections, a water storage area and a boiler room.
Tokmac?k Fossil Beds
A 9 million year-old fossil of a rhinoceros was found in the town of Tokmac?k during excavations in 1994. The fossils of animals which lived 9-10 million years ago and which were unearthed in the excavations directed by Prof. Fuzuli Ya?murlu of Süleyman Demirel University were put on display at the Tortonion Museum in 1995.
Located on the north slope of Koçyata hill 3 km from the village of Dedeçam, it is a dry vertical cave.
Ay? Ini Cave
Northeast of Yalvaç in the southern foothills of the Sultan Mountains, it is on the upper portion of Nazilli Creek. It is a horizontal and dry cave. It appears to have been used for a variety of purposes most likely in the early Byzantine period. There are cisterns inside the cave.
De?irmen Önü (Mill) Cave
One km northeast of the town of Kozluçay, it is near Su Geçidi Creek. It is horizontal and dry.
The Old Sycamore Tree, which has listened to the decisions which would affect the future of Yalvaç for centuries, sometimes waves its limbs as a sign of support for the local people. The locals have come to see the Old Sycamore Tree as a sign of good luck for the region.
With the most beautiful hues of pine green anywhere, H?d?rl?k Hill is the site of many traditional celebrations. Other sites where history and nature embrace are Hisarard?, Su Ç?kt???, Düzk?r Forest, Gemen Korusu and Gazniri.
Further Informations in German can be found here!